A View from the District Court Bench in Charlotte
The courts are where we peaceably resolve disputes in North Carolina.
Whether it involves a divorce in Charlotte, criminal or DWI charges, District Court Judges are responsible for meting out justice in a tremendous number of cases.
Today on Law Talk with Bill Powers, the Honorable Matt Osman joins us to discuss how our courts work, how issues are resolved, and Judge Osman's path towards becoming a judge.
If you are a law student, practicing attorney, or just interested in the law and how things work in court, we think you'll find Judge Osman's insights and perspectives enlightening.
If you'd like to suggest additional topics for Law Talk with Bill Powers or volunteer to be a guest on the podcast, please contact Bill Powers at LawTalkWithBillPowers@gmail.com
Check out past Episodes of Law Talk:
- Living Legend in the Law - "The Journey" - Eben Rawls
- Honorable Lucy Noble Inman - Appellate Issues in NC, Standards of Review, and Trial Techniques
- Insurance Defense Lawyer - John Nunnally - Professional Development and the Practice of an Insurance Defense Lawyer
- Custody Issues in NC - Charlotte Family Law Attorney Caroline Wingate Strauss
- What is Embezzlement - Crimes of Theft or Dishonesty by Employees
- NC DWI Laws - Important Changes to the Ignition Interlock Laws in North Carolina
- Life as a Charlotte Divorce Lawyer - Tom Bush and Bill Powers discuss the practice of law and the path towards becoming a Family Law Attorney
- Civil Contempt, Criminal Contempt, and Motions to Show Cause in Charlotte NC
- Domestic Violence Protective Orders - 50B Orders in North Carolina
Law Talk is a non-partisan forum to discuss legislation and the law, legal issues, policy, and practice tips.